Behind the music – Sound of silence
Dear brothers and sisters,
This is the first blog on the satanic influence on secular music. As I said I have always been listening to secular music and also enjoying it. But with all the information God has been showing me, it becomes more and more difficult for me to listen to it. This song I used to love in the past, but a few years ago I was teaching a Bible study class and a few weeks long we were watching and talking about a Christian sermon series by Craig E. Lewis called “The truth behind hip-hop”. During that time God brought this song on my heart.
And when analyzing it, I was really shocked how the devil can lure us with a seemingly beautiful and innocent song. This are the lyrics:
Hello darkness, my old friend (1);
I’ve come to talk with you again (2).
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping(3),
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains within the sound of silence (4).
In restless dreams I walked alone (5),
Narrow streets of cobblestone.
‘Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light (6)
That split the night, and touched the sound of silence.
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never shared (7).
And no one dared disturb the sound of silence.
“Fools,” said I, “You do not know (8)
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might lead you.”
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed in the wells of silence.(8)
And the people bowed and prayed (9)
To the neon god they made.(9)
And the sign flashed out its warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, “The words of the prophets
are written on the subway walls (10)
And tenement halls, and whispered in the sounds of silence.”
This song is from the album “Wednesday 3AM”.
Why mention the album? Well because of the 3AM part? Why that exact time? Well because 3am is commonly referred to as the devils hour or witching hour. 3 am is the exact opposite of 3pm the hour that Jesus is considered to have died at the cross. At this hour also demons (in all their shapes) are considered to be the most strong). So why choose this very particular time in the name of your album?
When we go to the lyrics of the song we come across some very particular and disturbing things (see references in lyrics above with the explanations below):
- The song starts with greeting their old friend, Darkness. Darkness or better prince of Darkness is of course Satan. So they begin the song with greeting satan.
- They admit that they talk with satan frequently (something that when looking into that matter you will come across very much with secular artists). Why talk with the devil so much? My assumption is that he is the one from which they get inspiration (at the end I will shortly talk more about why satan would do this).
- Satan gives them a vision that is supposed to be creep silently and in our sleep? Why? because if you would feed certain messages that are put in song very openly we would not so easily let them in our heart and mind (but with a catchy song we are more then willing to sing any curse an artist has put in his or her song).
- As we can read that vision is meant to have a lasting effect on us. When you will me getting more into this subject you will see how much of these visions are put in songs (so this actually tells exactly what the devil has planned with secular music).
- A restless dream? When we are dreaming blessed by God then they will never be restless. Usually we will refer to them as nightmares. The only one that loves us to be restless is certainly not God (He wants peace for us), but it is the devil.
- The eyes are creepily enough stabbed by a neon sign. What is with this neon sign. When we read a little lower in the lyrics, we see that it refers the neon God we made. So this is not a song about God, but about the devil (of course the devil will be busy in a restless dream) and what he has planned for us (in which he will fail of course. Thank you God!).
- This part is very interested, because the devil will inspire artist to write songs that voices (us) never shared. The most popular songs are always influenced by satan (this will become very clear along the way in my blogs about “Behind the music”. Also this songs mentions that no one dares to disturb this sound of silence? Why wouldn’t we? Because of the satanic influence. But rest assured God is more powerful!
- This whole part of the song was the most important reason not to listen to this song again. Here the devil gets very arrogant and calls us ‘fools, that do not know’. What don’t we know? Well what the devil is doing through the music industry (and also the movie industry). The devil uses songs that put very cancerous things to influence us and get us to reject God. So the more we will listen, the more we allow that cancer of the devil to grow. The devil goes on to let us know that he will teach us and will lead us … so he wants to make very sure that will do exactly the plans he has for us (and the devils plans are always devastating for our life’s).
- Why is the devil doing all of this? Because he wants that we don’t bow down and pray to God, but to the neon god we made (and that is of course: the devil). So the devil very openly tells in this song what he is doing through music, that is why I choose to share this song with you first).
- The words of the prophet? In the subway? Well first of all which prophet? This is no prophet we will know from the Bible and considering the satanic nature of these lyrics it must be a false prophet / a prophet from the devil. Also why in the subway? In that dark place? God will bring His word to us in the open not some where in the dark. Because God is light!
Hope that you now are more aware of the influence of this song and its lyrics.
Inspiration in music
Why would the devil use music and give artists their inspiration? Well because it is even scientifically proved that music is the only thing that when listened influences both sides of the brain. And this is a very unique thing, so it is also a powerful thing.
But why did the devil choose music? Very simply, before the devil was sent out of heaven he was an archangel. And what was his “job”? The devil was the archangel of music. So this means he knows like the best what he can do with it.
When reading on the subject of demonic influences you can easily find examples of artist even stating that they have inspiration from an entity: Beyonce (with Sasha Fierce), Nicky Minaj (see tells in interview that something is with her and does “naughty” things she would do herself), Carlos Santana and many more.
I pray that this blog on “behind the music” will be an eye-opener for all of you and also that God gives you the insight and strength to no longer be influenced this way by the devil. Also that He gives all of us the strength to not listen to music of which the artists or the lyrics are very cleary satanic.
I understand that it can be difficult to realize that that favorite song you always listen is satanically influenced and that it is better to stop listening. I also have gone through (and sometimes still go through it) this. A good example is Hotel California by the Eagles. In my next blog I will be analyzing this song.
God bless you all!
Update 5 August 2017
In the last few months this song got some new interest due to the band Disturbed. I keep on urging you not to let the beautiful sound and feeling let you be kept away from really analyzing the song.
Beautyshop by Goldenyaa